The state of the art Optical Center at The Eye Institute serves the eyewear needs of Eye Institute patients, as well as outside eyewear consumers. These expert opticians provide the highest quality eyeglasses for everyone’s visual and physical comfort.
Being fitted for new glasses requires knowledge and experience in both frame and lens design. Our courteous and experienced team of opticians are experts in fitting glasses for infants, toddlers, teenagers, baby boomers and older adults. When fitting a patient with glasses, many factors must be taken into account, including cosmetics, the nature and strength of a patient’s prescription, available lens materials and a patient’s lifestyle (hobbies, occupation, etc.). The Eye Institute’s eyewear center provides every lens type available, including:
- Progressive lenses (invisible bifocals)
- Computer and task specific lenses
- Polarized Prescription Sunwear
- Polycarbonate lenses (the most impact resistant material for all children, sports and/or safety use)
- Anti-reflection coatings (designed to reduce reflections, improve night vision, and enhance the wearers appearance)
- Tints and ultraviolet protective coatings.
- Sports eyewear
With more than 1100 frames, the Optical Center has styles to suit any budget.
Payment is requested at the time of your visit. For your convenience, The Eyewear Center accepts personal checks, cash, Visa and MasterCard.
- Monday, Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm